The Lingo Count system translates your glucose exposure and delivers it to you in a simple actionable way. You can think of Lingo Counts as the currency of your Lingo Plan. Throughout the day, Lingo uses our proprietary algorithm to recognize relevant spikes and assign them a Lingo Count total. Lingo Counts are assigned based on a spike’s size and duration.
Your Lingo Count target will change over time as you learn how your body responds to food, exercise, and other factors. Your goal: stay within your recommended target each day. You can do this by following the Lingo Fundamentals and the real-time coaching prompts you’ll find on your Today screen.
Here’s how it works:
- Your live Lingo Count total is shown at the top of the Now screen, directly above your daily target.
- Your daily target is updated each week. This is the recommended number of Lingo Counts you should stay within each day.
- Each time your glucose spikes, Lingo assigns a numeric Lingo Count value based on the size and duration of the spike. Your Lingo Count total will be updated as spikes occur over the course of the day from meals, snacks, and even stress.
- As the spike progresses, and Lingo Count value increases accordingly. Certain actions (such as exercise and changes to diet) can be taken to help reduce the spike size and duration.
- Your Lingo Count target will update every week to help you fine-tune your habits and glucose management. If you stay within your target consistently, your Lingo Count target will decrease.
Keep working to gradually decrease your Lingo Count target until you feel you’ve reached your metabolic health goals. After your first week on Lingo, you also have the option to adjust your Lingo Count target.