Step 1: Choose where to apply your biosensor
Select an area of clear skin on the back of your upper arm.
Things to note:
• If you have hairy arms, shaving your biosensor area gives better adhesion
• You can apply your biosensor over tattoos
Step 2: Clean your skin
Use plain soap, then sterilise it with an alcohol wipe. Let it air dry. If you miss this step your biosensor might not stick properly.
Step 3: Prepare your biosensor pack and applicator
• Peel the lid off your pack
• Unscrew the cap from your applicator
Step 4: Load your biosensor
• Line up the dark marks on your applicator and pack
• On a hard, flat surface press down firmly on your applicator until it stops
Step 5: Lift your applicator out
Once out of the pack, your applicator is ready to apply the biosensor.
Caution: applicator contains a needle. Don’t touch the inside of your applicator or return it to your pack.
Step 6: Apply your biosensor
•Place your applicator over your chosen area and push down firmly
•Gently pull the applicator away from your arm
Step 7: Pair your biosensor
Now you’ve applied your biosensor it’s time to pair it with the app.
When you see ‘Ready to scan’ on your screen, hold the top of your iPhone close to your biosensor. It’ll vibrate when it’s successfully paired.
You’ll also get the message ‘Your biosensor is paired. You’ll see your first glucose readings in 60 minutes’.
While you wait, you can set up your Lingo goals, discover tips and recipes, and take in some fresh knowledge.
ALB-CS-00045 v1.0. ©2023 Abbott. Lingo is a mark of Abbott.